Why use portable gas detectors when working in confined spaces?
Why use portable gas detectors when working in confined spaces? Confined space entry is one of the most challenging issues faced by workers today. Storage tanks, sewers, boilers, ship voids, and tunnels are things that we commonly consider confined spaces. Confined space gas risks can be divided into three categories: Combustible gas, toxic gas and oxygen deficiency.
When you’ve identified a confined space, you want to test the area appropriately before you go in and make sure that you perform continuous monitoring to keep yourself safe.
Sampling the atmosphere from outside the space using a portable gas detector with a sample pump is the preferred method of pre-entry testing and is definitely considered to be the best practice. Ease of use, with one button operation means minimal training is required while increased safety is ensured.
Hanwei Electronics Group Corporation is the world advanced manufacturer of industrial gas detector with plenty of models always available for purchase or custom-made. For more information, please feel free to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org or call +86-371-67169070 /80 to speak with product manager about your application.
- Handheld CO2 gas detector: Do you really need it?
- Things you didn't know about explosion proof portable gas detector
- Why You Should Consider Portable Multi-gas Detector for Confined Space
- Portable hydrogen sulfide gas detector in Oil and Gas increases safety
- Portable hydrogen gas detector for industry production
- >>Previous: Portable gas detectors — Refrigerant Ammonia gas leak detection
- >>Next: Portable multi gas detector used in the telecom industry in Australia