What is ammonia gas detector and how does it work?
Ammonia is used as a refrigerant primarily in applications requiring very low temperatures such as food processing or refrigerant gas. While ammonia’s pungent odor is quickly recognized, continued exposure to ammonia can mean permanent lung damage, blindness and even death. The good news is, there are ways to protect staff from ammonia exposure using portable gas detectors.
How portable ammonia gas detectors protect staff from ammonia exposure
Portable detectors give you the freedom to monitor in different areas, without having to disconnect and reconnect wires. They are ideal for personnel monitoring, and for areas where walk-through gas-checks are necessary.
Hanwei Electronics’s portable multi gas detectors detect not only ammonia, but methane, hydrogen sulfide, carbon monoxide, chlorine, hydrogen and other gases. The detector continually checks levels of gases and provides a visual and aural alert if levels of any substance exceed safe levels.
In many types of industrial facilities, combustable and toxic gases pose some of the greatest threats to the safety of employees. Because of this, companies within the oil and gas industry, as well as wastewater treatment plants, refineries, and other processing facilities, have started using portable gas detectors and fixed gas detection systems to protect employees and equipments.
- Things you didn't know about explosion proof portable gas detector
- Why You Should Consider Portable Multi-gas Detector for Confined Space
- Portable hydrogen gas detector for industry production
- Portable hydrogen sulfide gas detector in Oil and Gas increases safety
- Handheld CO2 gas detector: Do you really need it?
- >>Previous: Portable hydrogen sulfide gas detector for oil and gas industry
- >>Next: Advice for choosing portable explosive gas detector at refineries