Ammonia monitoring–What do you need to know about ammonia gas detector
Ammonia (NH3) is a colourless gas with a pungent smell. Over 80% of ammonia produced worldwide is used in agriculture as fertiliser. It is also used as a refrigerant gas, for purifying water, pesticides and dyes. Ammonia (NH3) is the most common choice of refrigerant for many industries including food and beverage, HVAC, laboratories, and many others. Because of this, ammonia detection is more important than ever.
Ammonia refrigeration systems can and do leak or malfunction at any point (in time and in the system) leaving a cold storage facility exposed to massive inventory loss and potential human life loss. It should be noted that small leaks will eventually turn into larger leaks that can lead to catastrophic events.
Hanwei Electronics can provide complete ammonia gas detection and alarm control solutions. The portable gas detector is convenient for detecting a single gas that may be likely to leak in a small area where workers occasionally go, while the fixed gas detector system concurrently and constantly monitors the general areas for other hazardous gases.
There are many kinds of Ammonia gas detectors to choose from. Consult with Hanwei Electronics to determine the best device for your company.
- Things you didn't know about explosion proof portable gas detector
- Portable hydrogen sulfide gas detector in Oil and Gas increases safety
- Why You Should Consider Portable Multi-gas Detector for Confined Space
- Handheld CO2 gas detector: Do you really need it?
- Portable hydrogen gas detector for industry production
- >>Previous: Choose the right portable multi gas detector for your job
- >>Next: Why portable multi gas detectors are getting more popular