Hydrogen Sulfide monitoring–What do you need?
Hydrogen Sulfide, or H2S is a colorless, highly flammable and highly toxic gas commonly found during the drilling and production of crude oil and natural gas, plus in wastewater treatment and utility facilities and sewers. Monitoring hydrogen sulfide (H2S) levels is critical for safety of personnel, air quality, and environment across a multitude of industries.
You’re probably already familiar with the smoke detector, which is present in homes and workplaces alike. Similar to this, an H2S gas detector can be used to detect the presence of hydrogen sulfide.
Portable gas detectors provide workers with continuous protection in their immediate vicinity, fixed gas monitors can provide reliable detection of a stationary point. In the wastewater treatment and oil & gas applications, the need for portable gas detectors is increasing.
Our BX171 Portable H2S single gas detector is designed to alert workers when the level of Hydrogen Sulfide reaches the high or low alarm set point. You can also purchase a reliable E4000 4-in-1 Gas Detector at Hanwei Electronics, It comes pre-configured with sensors for 4 standard gases: LEL, O2, CO, and H2S. There is the option of a built-in air pump, internal datalogger, and more.
Again, it is important to remember that workers cannot simply rely on your senses to tell when hazardous gases are present. Employers should ensure that workers use these instruments when working in areas with potential hazardous atmospheres.
- What is a Combustible Gas Detector and How Does it Work?
- Portable multi gas detector used in the telecom industry in Austra
- The benefits of using portable single gas detector
- Gas detection for confined spaces — which gas detector is right f
- The importance of remote methane leaks detection in natural gas ind
- >>Prev：Why your business needs a portable gas detector
- >>Next：Know the benefits of a portable multi gas detector